KOUM Scholars Programme
South Africa has endured a difficult season. The economic impact of COVID-19, widespread riots and looting and the April 2022 floods – has proved devastating. This has placed a strain on the local economy and people. We therefore feel that it is our collective responsibility to ‘raise a hand’ to assist with the rebuilding process.
Through education and skills development, offered on a fees-free basis, we believe we can contribute to long term sustainable poverty alleviation.
The Scholars-Programme is important in the following ways:
- 100% of the tuition is covered
- A Mentor will be assigned to each learner
- Professional intervention available when identified as necessary
- A project/ programme manager will review, monitor, and evaluate performance of scholars
- Through Fabricon and its extensive network our scholars will be given controlled access to industry – for first-hand exposure and experience.
The aim is to provide learners with the best possible chance to succeed at this opportunity.