Being of Service to the Nation
Koum started with the simple desire to make a difference.
We see the strife that results from education shortcomings, unemployment, and poverty. We decided to act. – Evidence shows that skills development can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. – Our ground zero is the South Durban Basin and many other communities within which we work. Unemployment, school drop-out rates, poverty and crime are rife.
KOUM PROJECTS is a community focussed Education and Skills Development organisation with the following key objectives:
- Training and skills development.
- Advance skills development in the field of engineering.
- Assist school leavers to complete their matric.
- Provide bursaries for post school learning opportunities.
- Provide rehabilitation and reintegration opportunities for those who need and are committed to overcoming such challenges.
- Build local, national, and international partnerships to further skills development.
- Build partnerships with local businesses and international companies and funders to further skills development.